Saturday, November 3, 2007

Maddie, My Sweetest Heart

My Sweetest Heart in all the world
I think of you each day
I love you so much
More and more everyday

When you wake each morning
Your smile is all I see
My heart is filled with joy
You mean so much to me

You fill my days with love
And feelings I can’t explain
I hope you feel my heart
And know I’ll never be the same

The day I knew you were true
And growing safe inside me
I promised to do the best I could
To always make you happy

We shared one body for so long
And have a bond no one can break
My heart is yours forever
Not anyone else’s to take

How did I get so blessed
That God picked me for you
I am so very lucky
My Sweetest Heart – I love you!

-Mommy

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I love this poem! I hope you keep a copy for her baby book. Both of you will enjoy looking at it in a few years. Isn't it funny how much you can love someone who is so little and can't even talk? Babies are amazing, and I am thankful Maddie has you for a mommy. You are doing a great job!